What is the Coalition for Archaeological Synthesis?
The Coalition for Archaeological Synthesis (CfAS) is an alliance of Partner organizations and individual Associates who are committed to fostering synthesis in archaeology to expand knowledge and benefit society. CfAS partner organizations provide their expertise, services, and facilities in support of the synthesis initiatives of CfAS. CfAS Associates are individuals who support the goals and programs of the Coalition.
These goals of CfAS are to:
• Rapidly advance knowledge through analysis and synthesis of existing archaeological and related data to address critical challenges in order to influence policy and benefit the public;
• Develop and apply methodological and theoretical approaches that are effective in integrating multiple, diverse data sources;
• Provide computing solutions to enable networked scientific collaboration by leveraging innovation and leadership in informatics;
• Promote skills, knowledge and collaborative culture among archaeologists and allied scientists, policy-makers and resource managers necessary for this transformative research and to speed its real-world application;
• Communicate results in ways that advance the discipline and affect public policy.